Corporate Magic - Ausgrid CyberSecurity
Kyle Piggins, Ausgrid Cyber Transformation Team
Kyle and his team were tasked to increase awareness of cyber security within the entire Ausgrid Corporation. They were finding it difficult to grab the attention of people with such a mundane topic and have it stick in people’s minds. This was a particularly big challenge as Kyle’s team needed a unified method to engage all they different offices and sites of Ausgrid across Sydney.
Kyle brought on The BlackTies to utilise close-up magic as a metaphor and an entertaining way of explaining the company’s problems with cyber security. Kyle worked with The BlackTies to build tricks specifically related to Cyber Security and which promoted conversation about Cyber Security.
- Kyle was ecstatic at the initially level of engagement that the magicians created, performing at the launch of the Cyber program as well as at the team’s booth at the internal leadership conference. Word of the magicians were spreading, and so was word of the Cyber transformations program.
- Kyle also reported that the launch of the programs in the different Ausgrid offices across Sydney was a major success, oweing to the fact that the presence of magic increased a greater traction of traffic for which Kyle’s team could engage with.
- Kyle and his team also saw major improvements in the retention rates of videos they produced regarding cyber security when magic was introduced into them. Now the Ausgrid staff eagerly await the next video every month!
Restaurant Magic - Andiamo Trattoria
Joe Rechichi, owner, Andiamo Trattoria Restaurant
Joe had 2 main problems as the restaurant owner.
- He wanted his restaurant to stand out from other Italian Restaurant’s within the region
- He wanted to increase his number of new and repeat customers on Thursday nights (which was generally slow compared to weekends).
Joe saw The BlackTies perform at the Cure Brain Cancer Charity Ball in 2017 and instantly knew that weekly walk-around magic was perfect to solve his problems at the restaurant. Joe hired The BlackTies to perform at Andiamo each Thursday from 6pm to 8pm, entertaining tables of guests (both adults and children) who have not been served yet. Given that The BlackTies is a team of magicians, Joe also implemented a rotation system – a different magician performs each week so a repeating customer is guaranteed to see something new each week.
- Joe’s concern for the restaurant to stand out is now gone. Customers have reported that they much prefer to dine at Joe’s restaurant compared to the neighbouring ones as it offers a unique experience for them.
- Joe’s concern of low customers on Thursdays has been completely flipped on its head. Joe is proud to report that Thursday’s have sky-rocketed and has become one of the most popular nights for his restaurants.
- Joe and the Andiamo wait staff have noticed a generally increase in the satisfaction levels of customers on Thursdays, attributed to the fact that the magic made ‘waiting for the food’ enjoyable.
- Marketing the magicians as part of the restaurant has also attracted more venue / event bookings for Joe.
- Joe has seen an increase in his Google reviews for his restaurant. The customers highly appreciate Joe for putting in the effort to entertain the guests.
- Joe and his crew have also leveraged the large following of The BlackTies to attract new customers to the restaurant.